Hello Maeniacs! There is something fantastic a-foot in Marlborough, Massachusetts that we would like to bring to your attention! Punk prodigy band Color Killer is at it again! Not only are they the youngest band EVER to play Vans Warped Tour, but they have now teamed up with Ironbound Films to help capture their unbelievable journey in it’s latest documentary COLOR KILLER SAVE PUNK.
COLOR KILLER SAVE PUNK, a feature-length documentary, follows Dylan, Lincoln, Matt, and Nate on their arduous journey from a middle school talent show to Vans Warped Tour this summer. Beyond being a punk band composed of 8-12-year-olds, Color Killer is a bit of an anomaly. They don’t see themselves as a viral sensation—although they are—or novelty act. They are a punk band rising to the top as any punk band would; through basement practices, dive bars, and punk festivals. They, however, have just begun their journey a bit younger than most bands typically have.
The title refers to America’s first generation with internet technology readily available from a young age. This supposedly makes Generation Z’s members detached, unsocial, and unfocused. Color Killer offers a striking exception to that idea; and perhaps, some much-needed hope for our times.
Daniel A. Miller, Seth Kramer, and Jeremy Newberger are with Ironbound Films, the directors of COLOR KILLER SAVE PUNK. Ironbound creates documentaries for theaters, television, and the web. One of their films, as well as the most recent- THE ANTHROPOLOGIST, was recognized by L.A Times as “utterly winning” and “stealthily insightful” by The NY Times. It premiered at DOC NYC, screened at more than 50 film festivals, and won numerous awards. It hit theaters by the care of Argot Pictures in 2016 and maintains a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes! Which, is very impressive! Sounds like the perfect combination of people to bring together this documentary! All they need is just a little help from their loving and supportive fan base!
So, how can you help? To participate in the movement that is COLOR KILLER SAVE PUNK and back this project simply click HERE !
There are a few pledge levels for those who participate!
- $10 or more- THE ATTITUDE- TWITTER AND FACEBOOK SHOUT-OUTS FROM @COLORKILLERDOC
- $50 or more- THE MUSIC-ALL OF THE ABOVE + NEW COLOR KILLER ALBUM “GENERATION Z,” DIGITAL OR CD
- $100 or more- THE THREADS- ALL OF THE ABOVE + COLOR KILLER LOGO T-SHIRT
- $500 or more- THE HAIR- ALL OF THE ABOVE + FULL “GENERATION Z” EXPERIENCE: GENERATION Z T-SHIRT, POSTER, BUTTON, AND STICKERS.
- $1000 or more- THE TATTOO- ALL OF THE ABOVE + SPECIAL THANKS CREDIT IN FILM
- $5000 or more-THE MOSH PIT- ALL OF THE ABOVE + TWO TICKETS TO THE WORLD PREMIERE AND AFTER-PARTY
- $10000 or more -THE STAGE DIVE- ALL OF THE ABOVE + PRODUCER CREDIT
Ironbound has been creating documentary films for fifteen years. Every production we take on has premiered at a major film festival, run theatrically, aired on a major network, and/or been made available online. Along the way, we have won countless awards, critical acclaim, and at worst, a few grey hairs.